Friday, March 14, 2008

Stuart's Cape by Sara Pennypacker and Illustrated by Martin Matje

Pennypacker, S. Stuart's Cape. Illus. Martin Matje. New York NY: Scholastic/Orchard Books, 2002.

I loved this book! Stuart's Cape was a thrill to read. The book immediately caught my attention and kept it till the end. I think it is a great book for kids and adults to read. I love how Stuart is creative and makes a magic cape to entertain him. He portrays a typical kid when they are bored by truly capturing the sense of imagination and creativity. Aunt Bubbles cracked me up throughout the book. I love the part when she thought the clouds were talking to her. Overall, Stuart's Cape has been my favorite book we have read for class.

1 comment:

René Saldaña, Jr. said...

Sure enough, Courtney, about the auntie in the book; she provides such humor in the book. We also talked in class about Pennypacker's other titles that are for a slightly older reader: CLEMENTINE and THE TALENTED CLEMENTINE.