Sunday, March 30, 2008

Chapter 13

Tunnell, Michael O. and James S. Jacobs. Children's Literature, Briefly. 4e. Upper Saddle River NJ: Pearson/Merrill Prentice Hall, 2008.

I'm not sure what I thought about this chapter except that I liked the fact that it was decently short. I grew up reading biographies every now and then. I mainly read one about actors or sports personalities but nothing else really. My favorite biographies were ones that contained pictures in them. I think pictures would allow me to relate more to the story of that particular person’s life. I think that I correlate biographies to research papers and that is where I find my disinterest in them.

One part that stuck out to me in chapter 13 was in types of biographies under the section of autobiographies. I liked the quote, "What writing about oneself loses in objectivity it gains in wholeness." I thought this quote was interesting I never thought of biographies in that sense and thought that quote was unique and worth noting.

No comments: