Thursday, March 13, 2008

Craft Lesson 6: Sidewalk Circus

Discussion:
I think it is so important for children to be able to use their creativity and clever imaginations. I would also have students learn about the importance of detail and how detail can change the perspective of a story.

How to teach it:
I would start off by reading the book two different times. First, I would let the students just enjoy the book and pictures. However, the second time I would ask the students what they noticed about each page and what details stuck out to them.

I would then as a class have us make a picture book together. I would have ours be about of classroom hallway. I would have the students go out in the hallway and picture what they want their picture to tell. I would let the kids get in a group and decide as a group the order the story in going to go in. Then, the students can trace, color or paint their picture. Finally, I would have the class present their story to me and if possible another classroom and see what the other class sees in the picture.

I would then hang them in the hallway for others to see our "Hallway Story."

No comments: