Sunday, March 30, 2008

Chapter 14

Tunnell, Michael O. and James S. Jacobs. Children's Literature, Briefly. 4e. Upper Saddle River NJ: Pearson/Merrill Prentice Hall, 2008.

An informational books is one area that doesn't capture my interest. I never have really enjoyed them but maybe if I find informational books that take my interest I may enjoy them more. A quote in chapter 14 caught my attention. "The purpose of an informational book in a school library is not merely to present data for writing reports but to stir a reader's interest in a particular subject." I think this is the quote that made me realize that I need to find informational books that will capture my interest in a subject. I think this chapter has made me what to give informational books another chance and hopefully I will enjoy them more the second time around.

No comments: