Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sidewalk Circus by Paul Fleischman and Kevin Hawkes

Fleischman, Paul and Hawkes, Kevin. Sidewalk Circus. Picture book. Cambridge MA: Candlewick Press, 2004.

The first time I read this book, I didn't enjoy that much. The second time around that I read it I truly enjoyed it. I noticed more details in the pictures that lead me to truly enjoy the book. I liked how each page introduced a section of the act but in the end a picture taken of the street let one see how it truly flowed together. I think that it is an amazing book for children. Children are able to use their creative imaginations and think of their own story. I think it would be great to read it to a group of kids and see how their thoughts of the story differ. Overall, I think this is a wonderful book for children to read.

1 comment:

Aspiring Teacher: said...

It is important to appreciate the value of these picture books. I developed my wild imagination from interpreting pictures as a child. Sometimes, you have to be able to see "outside of the box" for creative writing assignments.