Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Craft Lesson 8: BabyMouse Our Hero

Discussion:
Students need to see that writing comes in all styles ranging from books to comic books. I would show students that writing can be creative and fun by showing them an example of a comic book.

How I Would Teach It:

If possible, I would get all students a copy of Baby Mouse and have the students read their book on their own. Afterwards, I would have the class discuss their favorite parts of the story. I would show them that the detail throughout Baby Mouse allows for the reading to be enjoyable. I would then have each student get a comic strip and have them write their own comic. I would try to have other comic books available in the classroom that way students have other examples to look at. After the students finish, I would have them read their comic to the class.

No comments: