Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ch 11.

Tunnell, Michael O. and James S. Jacobs. Children's Literature, Briefly. 4e. Upper Saddle River NJ: Pearson/Merrill Prentice Hall, 2008.

Chapter 11

I enjoyed this chapter. I found it interesting that in contemporary realistic fiction that the age of the main character in the book is approximately the age of the reader. I started to think back and I noticed that several of my favorite books throughout my life have been when the main character was about my age. Perhaps the reason is because the main character is going through problems that the reader may relate to as well. I enjoy contemporary realistic fiction because it's relatable. I learned that one of my favorite authors Beverly Cleary's Ramona books were categorized as humor in contemporary realistic fiction.

1 comment:

Denisse said...

Ramona was so cute and so much fun!